Club Travel plans international growth with ProTAS
“If we didn’t have ProTAS we probably wouldn’t have changed our growth strategy. We would have had to make do with systems that didn’t offer the same functionality.”
- Gary Mulder, financial director, Club Travel
Club Travel has seen its business change considerably over the years - from a predominantly leisure-based travel agency it has diversified, with the addition of online and corporate divisions. Now it is looking to expand into other African markets on a franchise basis, offering its online products to travel agencies in those territories. However, these markets are very different both from each other and from South Africa, with the use of different currencies one of the biggest challenges for existing systems.
One of the biggest advantages of the ProTAS Mid and Back Office is that it can easily handle multiple currencies. Club Travel have recently adapted the way in which the system is configured to make the most of functions such as automated fees. The flexibility of the ProTAS system means it is easy to roll out in other markets without needing to have full infrastructure in place.
- ProTAS has already equipped Club Travel for growth and will make it easier to expand into new markets
- Without ProTAS Club Travel would have been less likely to change its growth strategy, either having to use more than one mid-back office system or adapting local technologies with less functionality to suit their needs
- The company is aware that it has only scratched the surface of the functionality ProTAS offers and is looking at ways it can make the most of the system
- Club Travel is currently trialling a “no touch” environment with ProTAS at the centre to maximise process efficiency and improve ease of use for staff
Club Travel was established in July 1987 by Wally Gaynor whose philosophy it was to always give the client the best deal. This philosophy is still the driving force behind Club Travel today. The cornerstone of Club Travel's success is being true to our vision of offering customers the unique combination of best price, best service and long-term relationships. Competitive rates coupled with leading edge technology and specialised travel expertise is the strong foundation on which Club Travel continues to grow its national presence.
Club Travel, a Level One Contributor, is owned by the Thebe Tourism Group (TTG), the first black empowerment group formed in South Africa. Club Travel effectively operates in the
following areas of travel: Leisure Travel, Corporate Travel, Executive Travel, Online Travel,
Groups/Conferences/Incentives/Events and Franchise Business Opportunities.
By ProCon Solution 23th April 2014